Child psychologists say that a child older than three years must have their toys, different to the touch, so that children have contact with different tactile feelings.
And although on sale you can find a wide variety ofoptions, but it's much more interesting to make toys with your own hands. We sew always with warmth and love, therefore products turn out bright and unique.
What fabrics are used in making toys
Sew toys with their own hands can be from a variety of fabrics. Appropriate material should be selected, based on the size of the future product and its purpose:
- Knitwear - this material is very easy to stretch, so you can sew a variety of toys (bears, a horse, a hare, a cube, etc.) from it.
- Velvet or wool is pleasant enough to touch. Out of them come out wonderful soft toys in the form of little animals.
- Artificial fur is ideal for making decorative pillows in the form of beasts.
- Feather is quite an interesting choice for work. Of felted fabric is best to sew individual small parts in the form of paws, tail, spout, etc.
- Silk is a problematic fabric for creatingsoft toys. He slips in his arms, working with him is uncomfortable. But silk will be indispensable in the manufacture of dolls, out of it will come out incredible outfits for little beauties.
- Cotton fabrics. Chintz, satin, etc. have bright and rich shades. Therefore, toys made of these materials will be very beautiful.
To make a pattern on which youare going to sew toys with their own hands, it is best to use a fairly dense cardboard. It perfectly fits to the fabric and keeps its shape for many years, so the finished patterns can be stored in a separate folder.
The pattern is applied to the selected length of fabric,They draw it with a pencil or a piece of soap. When cutting, make sure that the parts are of the same size, shape and match the sides (they should not look at the same side). They need to be cut and go to the tailoring of the product.
What seams use
While we are making toys with our own hands, we sew, or only cut materials, work should be done with utmost care, only in this case will there be a product that can be proud of.
If the work is not using loose materials, then allowances for seams can not be left. Then it is best to use a stitch seam, it looks neat, the finished part can not be turned out.
If the material has a poor property of crumbling,then you need to leave allowances on the seams. In this case, the parts should be turned to the front. For sewing it is better to choose strong yarns, which will suit the fabric in color.
Fill the finished toy with a variety of materials. The most popular of them are:
- Synthepone - the most commonartificial material, which is often used in the manufacture of toys with their own hands, we sew a large product or a small one, it can be easily washed, and it dries quickly enough. In addition, sintepon is very light.
- Synthepuh - this artificial material is more convenient to use, it is small balls, which stuff toys. Synthepuh does not roll down and does not cake with time.
- Foam is a synthetic material that will make the toy very soft. However, to date, this type of filler is used very rarely.
- Vata. Although this material is soft and airy, however it will not survive even the first test by washing and will collapse into lumps. The toy will immediately lose its beautiful appearance.
- Sliver is sheep's wool. To properly fill the toys with your own hands, sew the product, and the siver is divided into small pieces, you should get a fluffy pile, and it is necessary to fill the toy, making sure that there are no voids and unevennesses. Minus of natural fillers is that they require special care and can cause an allergic reaction.
- Cereals and herbs. Before packing, this filler should initially be placed in a bag of calico or flax. The preparation of the toy in this case should be on buttons or zippers, since it can only be washed without filler.
We sew soft toys with our own hands
When creating any product (toys, including) you need to act according to a certain algorithm, only this will result in a neat and properly executed work. The toy is sewn like this:
- first thing is to determine the model of the future product;
- selection of suitable tissue (here it is necessary to adhere to the recommendations presented above);
- preparation of the tissue for work (washing and stripping);
- we cut and sew toys with our own hands, patterns can be found in this article (basting and sewing on a sewing machine or manually);
- further it is necessary to collect the details and fill the finished toy;
- at the final stage sewing accessories and decorate the product with additional details at will.
Making toys with your own hands is an excellentan excuse to do something new, get rid of unnecessary things and spend more time with your beloved child. Attract your baby to work - it will do him good. And do not be limited to certain materials, because creativity is always a flight of fantasy.